Discover Share info about Home Design and Features

Tuesday, August 23, 2016
Subscribe

Karen Designs BLACK AND WHITE- Design Ideas






Nothing new on the kitchen "makeover" yet....but let me share a little tidbit with you.

Last fall I got the good news that Atlanta Magazine's HOME wanted to shoot my house for their winter issue.  

So people I have had about 9 months to get ready for this.  It's 30 days from the shoot and I am scrambling to finish things up.

Gah.....why do I have the curse of procrastination?  
BECAUSE I CAN'T MAKE DECISION

I suck.

Let's talk about my favorite thing.....black and white.  It's no secret that I am partial to neutrals and throw some B/W in the mix and I get a little faint.

I happened to be in World Market the other day [it's right beside my grocery store so it's protocol that I make a stop in there] looking for a few cute things for my new open shelves!

I saw some items which prompted me to do a little search.  Yes....my second WM post this month.  

Sue me.


The white desk with the black legs.....the pillow come to mama.


My shelves are not going to be white but a wood stain....I love these black coffee cups and the coasters.


What about this black and white stool huh?


What is NOT to like in this grouping?


And this cute bench....kapow.

Headed over to Target.....

Crushing on the B/W knife set.

I actually used the Nate Berkus sheet set in the top right and they are awesome.

I need a black and white kitchen rug in front of my sink....so I may order the one on the top right.

Here are my tips for making B/W work.  It's simple: add some organic elements like plants and wood.

Boom.

Example....


Daryl Carter....the master.  Wood frame on the chair and the simple wood table.


Bob Brown....again wood accents.  It really helps to warm up the palette.


Patrick Mele....the fur throw and mix of art in the gallery wall.

The wood vanity.....green plant.

This kitchen [could not find the source] with the wood floors, countertops and shelves.


In my own house I love mixing black and white with a flax color.
Remember my stripe foyer? I kind of miss it:(

On the Boulder project we used a ton of B/W




Hopefully I will have something to share on Friday.  I can at least give you the details on how I picked the countertops!

By the way the photographers on my shoot are Anthony- Masterson.  I have worked with Owen and Christine before and I love them!  Check out their ETSY shop for some great photography to frame.

Sheriky Freaky