Discover Share info about Home Design and Features

Friday, March 25, 2016
Subscribe

Karen Designs BEFORE AND AFTER- Design Ideas





Before I left on vacation I spent about 48 hours getting the guest house of my project ready for Matthew Quinns book signing!

The plan.....don't spend any money.  Ha Ha.....that seems to be everyones request right!

All kidding aside though there was already some furniture so it was basically a styling challenge.  I did have to raid my stash to polish it off :)

If you follow me on Instagram then you might remember I used drop clothes from Lowes for the window treatments right before Thanksgiving.  I washed them to soften up.

The floors were painted SW Peppercorn.  The Circa Hicks pendants were hung.....

I found this rug in his garage which had been used in their old house.  Love it against the dark floors!





This was purchased at a Mitchell Gold warehouse sale along with 2 white sofas.


I rummaged through the kitchen and came up some blue and white dishes and other things.

The Rejuvenation hardware was installed....love these long pulls.

They mimic the brass schluter strips applied in-between the subway tiles.



Before....The vintage island was moved in front of the sink and I suggested that it be painted black.





Ikea shelves were hung.


Totally accessorized with what I found in boxes down in the basement....


There is more but I'll share next week!  

I am having the hardest time making some decisions about my house....changing up a few things and it's like I'm paralyzed.  I keep thinking what if I see something I like better.....which keeps me stuck in that spot where "nuthin" gets done.

I am sure you have all felt that way....overwhelmed by what you see on Pinterest and blogs..... changing your mind every 5 minutes.   

It is a very dark place to be :)

I need to rise like a Phoenix.

Happy Easter my friends.

Shayray