Discover Share info about Home Design and Features

Tuesday, August 11, 2015
Subscribe

Karen Designs THE LOOK FOR LESS- Design Ideas





Occasionally  this design business can be hard.....for instance helping a client choose a DR table.  Light or dark....leaf or not.  What kind of legs on it.... or should we go more casual or traditional.

Find the table but can't find chairs.  Should we do a bench on one side?  Then.... can't find a bench long enough.  The selections can be endless.

I know what your thinking.  First world problems. Yeah I hear you but dang sometimes my indecisiveness can spill over to my work.  I am also sure that my client is thinking "I hired you to make this decision because I couldn't"..... so get with it sister.

I will keep you posted on this most important quandary.

I am constantly faced with the dreaded "B" word while working with clients.

Yes....like it or not we all have a budget.  While searching for light fixtures the other day I realized that just like with fashion Home Decor has many price points for similar items.

Take lighting for instance.  Here are a few examples.



  Take off the small shades and you could have a pretty good version..


A while back I put this to the test using the Ballard Designs version.


The difference in price is hard to beat!





Again....remove the shades.  You know I am a big fan of a classic lantern

As you can see here....with a few of my projects.



In my own dining room....

I love both of these rope fixtures....with all of that great texture!


Yes there are subtle differences with cheap the less expensive versions.  But.....after the whole room is done many time they can be overlooked!

I am getting excited about going to the NY show.  Come by and say Hi....booth 1956.  Since my husband will be hanging out with Cami I am sure they will break all of my rules:)

Can we make it a great day?

Shacheapskate