Discover Share info about Home Design and Features

Friday, August 26, 2016
Subscribe

Karen Designs HOW I CHOSE MY KITCHEN COUNTERTOPS- Design Ideas






I know you guys are curious about what I chose for my countertops.  

Drumroll........Caesarstone!  

And not without a gazillion hours [I'm not kidding] of research either.  If you think I agonized about the sink.....well the countertops took few years off my life also.  It's a little more permanent than running up to HomeGood's and buying a pillow:)  Duh.

Here's the deal....remember the House Beautiful Kitchen of the Year that Matthew Quinn designed...well little does he now how much he helped shape my decision.

After I saw them I was obsessed.  That soft honed finish was everything.





  I had to do a little research about Caesarstone quartz countertops.

1.  It comes in slabs and 2 thicknesses: 3/4" and 1 1/4". 

2.  You have the choice of polished or honed.  [Not every quartz manufacturer offers a honed product]

3.  Endorsed by the National Health and Safety Foundation to be used in hospitals, restaurants, hotels and more.
       
4.  Caesarstone surfaces are nonporous and prevent the growth of surface mold and bacteria due to the use of quartz as a key ingredient.            

How ya doing?  Falling asleep yet?  Well those things are definitely important.  Especially the honed part:)  After having shiny granite for 13 years I was all about that satin finish!

5.  How about a lifetime warranty?

Still not convinced?

6.  It's resistant to staining from coffee, wine, lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar and pretty much anything else you could throw at it.

That got your attention right!
           
NOW....now let's talk about the look!

Hubba Hubba.

This is from the website and below from my own kitchen!  It's called Calacatta Nuvo



If I was doing an industrial kitchen I would definitely use either of these which also
come honed...

Raw Concrete
Pebble


Just in case you are keeping track....new cabinet doors, countertops, and sink......check! 

Say goodbye to the light fixture, the backsplash and the faucet.


It goes beautifully with my cabinet color BM White Dove!  I could lick it.



Above is the layout of my kitchen.  I wish I could have reworked the whole space but that just wasn't in the budget.  



So after 13 years the granite has gone bye bye and I could not be happier.  Let me know if you have any questions about it.

What's next?  The faucet and light fixtures....plus some killer ideas from "builder extraordinare" Michael Ladisic 


As you know I am a pretty classic girl....I picked white cabinets and white Corian  [I changed out the countertops to granite after 9 years] 22 years ago and it has served me well.  The backsplash has been there for the whole 25 years. 

So it's definitely time for some updating!

Stay tuned......

Shatakingtheleap