Discover Share info about Home Design and Features

Saturday, July 9, 2016
Subscribe

Karen Designs PROJECT BOULDER BEFORE AND AFTER PART 2- Design Ideas





Are you ready for part 2 of #ProjectBoulder?  It's hard for me to believe that this home got renovated and decorated in 6 weeks.....I am sure all of my clients would be happy if that happened:)

Don't hate please.

Anyway let's get right to it.  To catch you up on this project.... my stepdaughter and her husband [they live in Boulder, Co.] bought this home to renovate it.  He is the builder and she sells real estate.  Perfect combo huh? Then..... they bring me in to stage it.  

As far as I am concerned I get the fun job!

I am using the listing pictures to show you the before.


This was the kitchen.


Kitchen now.....a few people have asked about the floors.  They are red oak with no stain and 3 coats of matte sealer.

Before

After

The sconces are from Restoration Hardware and the funny part is that they were not our first choice!  Everything else we wanted were back ordered....so I guess sometimes things happen for a reason right:)




Reclaimed wood shelves


Most of the things on the shelfs we already had from other staging projects....




Top Knobs hardware

Countertops are Caesarstone.





Before shot....

After



Because of the low ceiling over the island area we made the decision not to do any light fixtures.....

Before of the family room....

I don't know if you can tell in this before shot but the island area was bar height and we took it down to counter height....plus we shortened it up about 6" to make the entrance into the kitchen work better.


Waterfall counter.

Getting started......

Picked up this sofa at Ikea for the sale price of 399.00!  Boyah.

Rug from West Elm [it was on sale when we bought it]



The chairs are from Wayfair, coffee table from Joss and Main, poufs from Pier One, Lamp from West Elm, stool from HomeGoods, pillows on chairs from Bed Bath and Beyond.

Before....



Again...the fireplace screens will be painted.  The light fixture is from World Market.






THIS Home Depot tile is everything!




Just a few more rooms.....on Tuesday.

Weather report:  Y'all it is SO hot EVERYDAY here in Atlanta.  I mean yes.... I know it is summer and all but June was like July and now we are in July and still have August left and my hair is not cooperating at all.

Book report:  I just finished this one and it was so good and very relevant to what is going on in America today. A true store about injustice. 



Y'all be chill.....

Shayfrizz