Discover Share info about Home Design and Features

Friday, July 29, 2016
Subscribe

Karen Designs BEFORE AND AFTER- Design Ideas





I am up pretty early this morning [let's just say the birds are still asleep!] as I am heading out of town, but I wanted to show you some before and afters on how I  repurposed some furniture and rugs in my clients house.

I have mentioned before this renovation took a year...... a total gut job where the lower level which was previously unfinished.... became a gym, a sitting area, another family room, a guest room [with full bath] an office and 1/2 bath!

I know....wow right!  

We decided early on to reuse her previous family room furniture in the lower level along with a few of her traditional rugs.  I went over to her rental and took pictures of all her existing furniture so we could decide which room we would be using it in.  

Move in was last Wednesday and I have been there practically every day helping to get her unpacked and working on bookcases [which will definitely need some tweaking!].

So maybe I will shut up and show you huh?

Lower level sitting room...


After staining...


The rug we decided to use in this area.....
It has a black background and was in the old family room....
These wing chairs were used in her old living room

And this was also used in the old family room.

After

The old ottoman had tufting and I took that out!


The wing chairs were recovered with a black/gray nubby fabric.

This rug was used in her old living room.


Old sofa

Chairs

Old kitchen table

Now....
The sofa was recovered in a Ralph Lauren performance fabric [black and white ticking]

I used the kitchen table behind it as a console

Here are the chairs recovered in another performance fabric....
Don't start hating.....I am working on this gallery wall and still have a few pieces at the framers.

We used a few dining room chairs as extra seating.

The TV wall

These people read a lot......I'm not kidding.  I had enough books to fill 3 huge bookcases with leftovers.

Still working on the accessories...just wanted to get stuff up since she was having company this weekend.


We decided to use all of the color down here and the upstairs will be mostly neutrals.  Can't wait to get it all tweaked and photo ready:)

OK.....gotta finish packing but I will hopefully have more on Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

Foot update:  Not worse.....which is a good thing right?  Honestly when I have the Fitflops on there is no pain at all so cute shoes are still "no bueno"

Poop.

Sherika