Discover Share info about Home Design and Features

Friday, February 12, 2016
Subscribe

Karen Designs A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DESIGNER ALONG WITH A BEFORE AND AFTER.....- Design Ideas




Yesterday was a hard day at work.  Yes I know I'm not curing cancer but still.....

I was happy to finally install these curtains since the fabric was backordered for months!  I got there with my acrylic rods and gold hardware all excited to see these navy blue silk babies go up and it was like trying to squeeze into your favorite jeans after the holidays.  They were too small.....meaning they were too short.

What!  No come on let's measure again....huh....nooooooooo.  Are you kidding me?  Call workroom....blah blah blah.  Bottom line.....my fault.  Scratching head....how the heck did this happen?  I have been measuring windows for 20 years people...... #apparentlynotgoodatmath  #epicfail

I am not usually this emotional but I started crying.  My installer gave me a look that said "toughen up girl" and that did not help at all.

So these windows are still bare.  


In other news.....I was happy with how the porch turned out!

This had been a 6 month project adding on to the back of the house with a new porch and 2 car garage.


The Lee Industries outdoor furniture had been delivered along with the Dash and Albert rug.


 We wanted coffee tables that would double as seating.....

So we ordered 2 of these ottomans from Ballard Designs.



Perfect.

Added some pillows....big surprise there huh:)






I wanted to get some nice bushy plants but it is so cold here in Atlanta that wasn't going to work!

As I was driving back to my workroom with the curtains in my trunk I stopped for a nice nutritious lunch.  I am nothing if not resilient


It's all going to be OK......I was probably more disappointed than my client.  She was so understanding.

And life goes on right?

Shamathwiz :)