Discover Share info about Home Design and Features

Wednesday, October 14, 2015
Subscribe

Karen Designs ONE ROOM CHALLENGE WEEK 2- Design Ideas








So a week has passed.....and it's time to share my inspiration for Nancy's family room.  Like I said...."pine city" needed to be shut down.

When I don't have a lot of money on a project I try to stay neutral....oh who am I kidding I like to stay neutral all the time.  

Believe me I tried to bring some color in this one but you will see how I digressed back to one of my favorite plans.....black/camel/white/cream/gray.

This window scene from Club Monaco started the whole shebang.  It truly was my inspiration.

Even though her budget was small I wanted to get her some new furniture.  What she had was 20 years old and really not worth recovering......cause I would have done it!

Step one was a floor plan.  

Here is the problem.  The fireplace is centered in the room but not really centered in the living area. Crap.  I really wanted to relocate the TV over the mantel but dang....there is not enough room.

Here is a reminder.


And you can see that there is a chair in the middle of nowhere...for extra seating but that is really not working right?

So I decided to keep it where it was and paint the bookshelves dark so it kind of blends in.

SW Urbane Bronze.


And surprise....I chose SW Alabaster for the walls.  Lucky for me Lowe's is one of the ORC sponsors so I got my paint there!

Now on to the furniture.

Sofa:  Lee Industries 3063-32
I wanted to bring a modern touch to the upholstery.
2 Chairs: 1011-01 swivel  To help with TV watching.

Fabric selection....I got it in my head that I was going to wallpaper the small dining area in this Farrow and Ball Wallpaper since they are one of our sponsors.   


So these were my first selections.  Sofa the top fabric and chairs in the bottom.
But that was a quick moment because I saw this black pinstripe and went all crazy and chose it! [the green fabric was inspiration for a green plant like my inspiration photo]!

And then I found out that this FB wallpaper was not an option and I got really sad.  So so sad.

I'll figure something out.....meanwhile here is some inspiration for my space.

A gallery wall behind the sofa.



And a whole bunch of black and white goodness....



Since we removed the window seat.....I can move the whole furniture arrangement down some.  This allows more room for the barstools.


Just to remind you where the window seat was....no one ever used it!

These barstools also need to be addressed.....I would try to change with paint and fabric but I hate the backs and that crackle finish is hard to cover with paint.




Fabrics?  Yeah still have not zeroed in on that little task.....but I have aways been about the "photo finish"!

This is where we are now....




Please go and see what all of my other partners have been up to this week!




And don't forget to check out Calling It Home on Thursdays for the linking participants!


Next week I will have some more updates including those floors and hopefully I will have some thoughts on my fabric selection!

Sherika